Fig.1. Interviewing Open University Business School MBA Students at a Brussels Residential School, 2011
Jonathan is exploring opportunities to undertake doctoral research and would welcome feedback on current themes of interest which include:
Situated and applied augmented learning support in challenging or extreme environments:
- junior doctors and residents as they work – A&E or Paediatrics?
- supporting patients with chronic long term illnesses
- coaches of elite athletes such as swimmers ‘poolside’ with a squad of young athletes
- interns and assistants shooting film location drama
- creative teams in the communications industries: advertising, design, conferences and live events.
Jonathan is an experienced generator of ideas that intrigue
He is a versatile writer, visualizer and communicator, a corporate educator and ‘comms person’ – internal and external – with considerable experience as a director, writer and producer in linear, interactive training, e-learning, conferences, online and social media in the UK and France.
He’d welcome opportunities to develop innovative, highly visual, memorable and demonstrably effective answers to messy learning or communications problems for organisations with global interests.
A graduate of Balliol College, Oxford. Educated to post-graduate level in e-learning, marketing, advertising and communications courtesy of D&AD and The School of Communication Arts, The Open University and uniquely, as a cross-platform multimedia producer at European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs EAVE.
He is a post-graduate student who completed the Open University’s Masters in Open and Distance Education (MAODE) in January 2013. He also did the OU MBA elective ‘Creativity, Innovation & Change’.
Masters in Open and Distance Education (MAODE) with the Open University (OU)
This completes the Masters in Open and Distance Education (MAODE)
Producing, directing and writing for corporate audiences of every kind, size and intent, whether training or PR (BNFL, RAC, Northumbria Police) for change management (RAC), brand change, mission change (Yorkshire Water), management training (Tyneside TEC, UGC, Land Rover, Post Office) or product launch (Barclays, Renault, Land Rover) or graduate recruitment (Legal Profession, Accountancy, YR12 Career Choices) with production experience of pharmaceuticals (GlaxoSmithKline), banking (NatWest, Abbey, Bank of England), law (Herbert Smith, MacFarlanes), car manufacture (Land Rover, Renault), retailing (M&S, Woolworths, Bhs), health services (DoH), utilities (Northern Electric, BNFL), stock exchanges (EASDAQ), shareholder and stakeholder communications (M&S, UGC), government departments (Ministry of Culture, France; DoH, UK), pret a porter and haute couteur fashion (WAB) … and sport (swimming, skiing, sailing)
And 500 years ago when he was a King’s Guard Special in Camelot
Fig. 2. King Arthur and the Spacemen, Summer Vacation job, Alnwick Castle, 1978
- Reflections on e-learning – September 2010 to September 2012 (mymindbursts.com)
- A blend of learning, online or off, that wraps around a sequence of core activities. (mymindbursts.com)
- Self-portraits that are years apart – 36 years in fact (mymindbursts.com)
- Do I join I club when it is clear I’ve become one of those students the OU will never get rid of? (mymindbursts.com)
- On finding a thermal … that creative lift … that moment of inspiration that motivates … (mymindbursts.com)
- Are you the learning architect or the learning builder? (mymindbursts.com)
- My personal learning environment (PLE) (mymindbursts.com)